Our Chai blends are very versatile - you can have them hot for a comforting drink (Chaider, Classic Indian Chai, Chai Latte or a Cowboy Chai) or cold for a refreshing chilled Chai Cooler, Chai Frappe, Chai Lemonade or even a Oranguchai on hot sunny days.
Here you will get all the "How to Make" and get our top tip for making a chai with an espresso machine.
1) Make a paste by mixing 3-4 teaspoons (approx 20g) of Mumbai Railway Chai with a splash of hot water.
2) Add 8oz cold Milk or Mylk..
3) Give it a good stir and Pour the hot Chai through a fine sieve into a glass with ice cubes and it’s ready to drink!
If you have a blender you can blend the Chai, milk and ice cubes into a smooth Chai Cooler.
You will need: 25-30cl homemade lemonade* (or a good ready-to-drink lemonade), 3-4 tsp of Mumbai Railway Chai, Ice cubes, cucumber and/or lemon slices.
1) Pour the Lemonade into a shaker.
2) Add 2 teaspoons of Mumbai Railway Chai.
3) Add the ice cubes.
4) Add some slices of cucumber (optional).
6) Pour the Chai Lemonade through a fine sieve into a glass and garnish with some roughly chopped cucumber or lemon slices. Enjoy!
1) 25ml of good-quality traditional cider
2) 2 tsps (10-15g) of Mumbai Railway Chai
3) Warm to 70-80 celcius while stirring
4) Pour the hot Chaider through a fine sieve into a mug or glass and it’s ready to drink!
Want a dirty Chaider? Add a splash of dark rum!
Classic Indian Chai
1) Mix 2 teaspoons (10-15g) of Mumbai Railway Chai with 4oz hot water + 4oz hot Milk or Mylk..
2) Give it a good stir and then pour the hot Chai through a fine sieve into a mug or glass and it’s ready to drink!
1) Mix 2 teaspoons (10-15g) of Mumbai Railway Chai with 8oz hot Milk or Mylk.
2) Give it a good stir.
3) Pour the hot Chai through a fine sieve into a mug or glass and it’s ready to drink!
1) Make a Mumbai Railway Chai and serve it in an 8oz size glass as in the "How to Make" above.
2) Make one shot of Espresso and pour it into the Chai. Enjoy.
For a Real Dirty Cowboy Chai:
Add a shot of good quality bourbon! Yeehaw!
TOP TIP - Using an espresso machine to make your Chai hot drinks
You can mix the Mumbai Railway Chai and preferred combination of water, Milk or Mylk. in a milk pitcher and steam it hot on an espresso machine. Do not to force froth on top of the milk when steaming. Keep the steamer 1-2cm under the surface at all times.
If you use 20cl Milk or Mylk you will end up with a 25cl drink due to introducing air into the milk.
Chai Frappe - oranguchai cooler
1) Pour 8oz of Milk or Mylk in a blender.
2) Add 4 scoops of organic Vanilla ice.
3) Add 3-4 teaspoons of Mumbai Railway Chai.
4) Add 3-4 ice cubes and blend. Serve in a glass. Enjoy!
Why not add a banana, or at least half of a banana - It's called a Oranguchai Cooler...